Friday, July 26, 2019

My Summer Challenge

My Summer Challenge 

If you follow me on Instagram you will guess that I have been buying quite a lot of craft stuff! I am trying to get better at this and really think if I need something. I also buy a lot of magazines and am trying to look at them and see if I will actually use the free gift - as that's all I really buy them for!



I am lucky at the moment to have space to store it but if i need to downsize im going to struggle. Also, my goal this year is to do a craft fair at the end of the year! So to be able to do this I need to build up a stock of made up cards - even though I do like to make cards to fit the recipient. 

All this has led to me setting myself a summer challenge! My challenge this year is to go through my "stash" and make up cards using what I have got in there. This also ties in with another challenge I set myself to go through my magazines and make cards out of those magazines before putting them into storage in the shed! (I will take over the whole house before long haha!) 

I started the challenge this week starting with a "Luxury Glitter decoupage kit" from Papercraft Inspirations magazine issue 189.



The kit had 4 pre printed cards and then decoupage pieces to go with these cards. If i'm being honest these cards are a bit flimsy but they still look nice.



There was more "toppers" than needed for the decoupage cards so I made a few extra ones with some papers I had in my stash (mainly from the works) and was surprised about how many cards can be made out of one little kit.


No comments: