Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Mothers Day Cards 2019


Mother’s day 2019

If you are a follower of my Instagram (or just know me!) you will be aware that Mother’s day is always tough for me. I lost my beautiful mum in November 2016 and as she was a big fan of crafting I used to love to make things for her – I was only cross stitching then though and making it into cards. Mum used to like to make cards and so after she passed away I decided to try making some. She would have been totally jealous of my “stash” now and would be wanting to borrow my tools etc.!



This year was made slightly more bearable as I started making cards and advertising them and people actually bought them off me!!! So I have had people to make them for!
My first type of card was a pretty floral one using die cut flowers and some pearl embellishments. The dies were free from die cutting essentials magazine.



The second was an idea that came to mind in work and I had to wait until I got home to make it!! I cut out the word “mum” using my cricut and then used this as a stencil to fill in with my flower stamps from Card-io. This was a lot easier to do than the first type so I pushed this one more than the other.



For my mother-in-law I wanted to make something different to ones I had made to sell so made this one using flowers and a bird from Papercraft Essentials magazine and used their example by Creativeness to put this one together.



Somewhere on social media I had seen a card using flowersoft on a bike basket and so when I got the hunky-dory die from the magazine and found some flowersoft in mums stash I thought I would give it a go. The little flower is using flower foam from the Craft Show I went to – it didn’t quite look as good as they did it!! I was really pleased with the result of this card that I gave to my grandmother in law.



As I said above I used to love to make cards for my mum and so have had to think outside the box to make one for her. In previous years I have cross stitched a pattern and put it in a coaster. This year however, I saw these acrylic blocks from Tracy Hey – alpaca pals. They have so many uses but one of my first thoughts were for mums grave and I think it worked out well with a cute little elephant and “never forget I love you”.



The other cards I made were a request by my best friend’s husband “can you make a card that the kids can colour in a bit of”. I knew straight away the stamps I needed – the mummy stamps by Tracy Hey- Alpaca Pals. Her customer service is 10* as they arrived the day after I ordered them! Perfect for mother’s day and perfect for this request. I mounted white card on to a colour card to add a bit of colour and then left the stamp blank for the kids to colour. I loved the effect and will be using this again! My best friend left a lovely comment on the photo which was Oscar Worthy ;).



So that’s Mother’s day 2019! Hopefully this will be the start of something exciting for Ithon Crafts and with my aim to be a Craft fair at Christmas I need to build up my stock, read up on copyright and get some insurance – oh and the fun bits of a hoodie and maybe a personalised table cloth!!










1 comment:

John Paul said...

Very Attractive Article and very awesome.
It really helped me ton. Please to be continued and posts like these.
Mothers Day Is coming I will prefer you to check out my collection and wish others.
Quotes About Mothers Love
Regards,
John